Userneeds is the company of Anouschka Scholten
– she is focused on helping people move forward and preventing problems
Innovator and change agent – Using Human Centered Design & Systemic Design – Independent
The roles she fulfills are sr. Interaction Designer, User Researcher, Service designer and UX designer & Trainer and Coach
// Managing complexity and the obvious
Innovate services and businesses through design, make the world a better place.
Share my knowledge, help teams and organisations get to empathy in a structured way, optimize working processes, get to a strategic advantage.
Business Consulting, Civic Design, Enterprise Design, Customer Experience Design, Design Strategy, Design process and transformation, Design Research, Concept Design, Interaction Design, Information Design, Agile Usability Testing, Design Workshops, UX -Trainer and -Coach, Managing Design Teams and Projects.
// 20+ years experience
Working with and for clients like:
Amsterdam University of Applied Science, Vilans, Ministry of Health Welfare and Sport, Port of Amsterdam, ProRail, The Dutch College of General Practitioners (NHG), Municipality of Amsterdam, Training institute SRM, Training institute ICM, Innoleaps, The Talent Institute, Philips, Sanoma, Greenchoice, De Hypotheker, KRAS, Univé Verzekeringen, International Card Services, Triodos Bank, SNS Bank, NEN, Municipality of Den Haag, ICT Office, KPN, SDU, Reed Business, Springer media, Elsevier, Jobs Republic, Ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken, ABN AMRO, Vodafone, Maetis, Cap Gemini.//
Some of my activities
- Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (VWS) – 2022
Community Manager at the department RDO (Realisation Digital Applications) – Initiating ‘Working in the Open’ through community building activities for, among others, CoronaMelder and TINTIN (Assessment Framework for the Use of Infectious Disease Technology).
- The Talent Institute – 2021 / now
Coach (UX/Service design) of digital innovators and digital designers.
Developer and trainer of 4 trainings: Journey Map Doing, Blue Print Doing, Design Sprint Doing and Facilitation Doing
- Amsterdam University of Applied Science – 2022
UX research and strategy regarding the redesign of hva.nl
- Municipality of Amsterdam – together with the municipalities of Leiden and Almere – Project ‘Authorization’ 2020/2021
A Dutch innovation project aiming to explore ways to enable user-friendly voluntary authorization of family members, carers and buddies. The project is developed in the open, read all about the project and join the conversation – you’re welcome!
- Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (VWS) – 2020
Community Manager CoronaMelder – involving stakeholders and promoting ‘working in the open’ via meetups and active involvement in the Code for NL slack and other social platforms.
- Vilans – 2020
Usability testing rounds and advice for ‘Kennisplein Gehandicaptensector’
- Municipality of Amsterdam – together with the municipalities of Haarlem, Leiden and Almere – 2019/2020
Pushing boundaries with ongoing user involvement, stakeholder involvement and co-creation as user researcher in team digital identity (Onderzoek, Informatie en Statistiek (OIS) | DataPunt) involving the IRMA-app – your digital identity on your phone.
- Port of Amsterdam 2018/2019
Consulting, organize and facilitate user involvement for a positive user experience and better outputs with the User Checks – method (agile usability testing).
- ProRail 2017/2018/2019/2020
– Website prorail.nl redesign usability testing and advice.
– Concept- and interaction designer for a new data-rich ‘Information portal’, serving ProRail employees and their partners.
– Consulting for a website informing about railway work to residents living alongside.
– Consulting reduction of railway failures through an anticipating UI via design thinking methods and prototyping.
- The Dutch College of General Practitioners (NHG), 2017/2018
– Consulting and interaction designer of a redesign of the Guidelines (NHG-Standaarden) general practitioner work with every day
– Consulting and interaction designer of the e-learning site of The Dutch College of General Practitioners
- ICM training institute 2018/2019/2020/2021
Developer and trainer of ‘Usability & User experience’ training, also tailored ‘In company’ UX training
- ConveyUX conference – Seattle (United States), 9-11 January 2016
“User Checks” Method for Agile Usability Testing , 3-hour workshop
- Municipality of Amsterdam – Department Spatial planning & Land management; and Innovation team member at Datalab
(Free lance) UX designer and consultant, 2015
- SRM training institute for beginners and experienced professionals in marketing, marketing communications, management and communication
UX trainer, 2015/2016/2017/2018/2019
- Mobiles for Good initiated by Vodafone, 2015/2016
UX mentor and consulting start up teams
- UXcamp , 2015/2016/2018
Participating on two subjects ‘Persona empathy mapping’ and ‘User Checks’
- Skincare app UX design for Philips, Nov 2014-July 2015
Lean UX mentor and designer for Skincare accelerator team
- Banking for buttons, Rabobank – June 24, 2015
CX day for Rabobank management. Guest speaker on subject User checks-agile usability testing
- Workshop ‘Agile Usability Testing’ on January 23, 2015
Hosted by Design by Fire (Dutch IxDA group).
Volunteer organizer at Ladies that UX Utrecht, a monthly meet up that creates a welcoming community for women that work in UX, who share knowledge and have meaningful conversations, to build creative confidence and grow leaders. And mentor for the Dutch Ladies that UX community.
Also, volunteer local leader at IxDA Netherlands. A stage for inspiring professionals to share their passion for interaction design. IxDA Netherlands is the Dutch division of the international Interaction Design Association (IxDA https://ixda.org/).
See my presentations and workshops slides on Slideshare
Follow my updates about UX and related fields on twitter: @anous
Can I help you?
Looking for a team player, a sparring partner, a trainer or mentor
KvK-inschrijving Midden Nederland: 30199918 ; BTW-nummer: NL 001960778B87
Algemene _voorwaarden_UserNeeds (pdf-download 44,5kb)